To add your own event, please complete this form.
Once received your event will be reviewed and published by one of the website curators.
- This event has passed.
Virtual Laying Up Social
25 October, 2020 @ 12:00 - 13:00
Further to the successful virtual meet in Windemere this May we hope to get together with as many of you as possible for a ‘Laying Up’ social via Zoom.
(Zoom is relatively simple to use – if anyone wants to have a practice to make sure their technology is ready please contact the Webmaster who will be delighted to help).
AOA 2020 Laying Up e-Meeting Agenda – Sunday 25 October 20 1200 noon GMT (UK)
(In the UK, the clocks go back one hour at 2am on Sunday 25 October 2020)
1300 Central European Time (Europe)
0800 Atlantic Standard Time (US Virgin Isles)
0100 Monday 26th October New Zealand Daylight Time (New Zealand)
The meeting will take place online using Zoom.
Click on this link just before 1200 GMT and follow the on-screen instructions.
Meeting ID: 724 0839 0637
Microphone off please unless you are speaking to minimise noise on the call
For guidance on how to use Zoom please scroll down.
- Welcome by the Commodore & news of A1 in Classic Boat Magazine – Mike Dixon
- A154 parts rescue & storage in Henry’s Barn – Richard James
- What we have done with our boats / other boats in 2020 – all
- Thoughts from all in order on the AOA buying spares from scrap merchants (T4 & A166).
- Thoughts on having the AGM at The Tamesis Club on 27 Feb 2021. The current plan is that theCommittee will wait until the last possible moment before deciding whether it could go ahead or not, due to COVID restrictions. If only 25-30 members attended, they could (if COVID laws allowed) sit round the outside of the Club socially distanced. It would be unlikely that food would be served, but members could bring their own lunch. Or the AGM could be slipped to late spring summer 2021. – Richard James
- Any other questions ?
- Request for Bulletin articles – Bernard Marshall
- Summary and close – Mike Dixon
How to join the AOA Laying Up e-Meeting on Zoom
If you already have Zoom installed on your computer open the application and sign in and then click on the link in the AOA Laying Up meeting Agenda:
OR If you don’t have Zoom installed you can join the e-Meeting simply using the link provided which will open in your web browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge or whatever you computer defaults to – they all work although Chrome is recommended).
- Click on the meeting invite URL in the calling notice:https://us04web.zoom.us/j/72408390637? pwd=WnhicnNvU1dKNDAzVlBsSTNSV045Zz09
- A new tab will open on your preferred web browser.
You will be prompted to sign in to your Zoom account, or to create one if you don’t have one. You may also be asked “Do you want to allow this page to open zoom.us” to which you should say ‘Yes.
- Note – if you do not want to create an account you should be able to scroll down the page after clicking on the link and find highlighted text in “join from your browser”. Click on this highlighted text, enter your name and join the meeting. Accessing in this way means you will only be able to see one speaker at a time. Accessing through the application allows you to see all participants at the same time.