A124 Helene gets a new electrics panel (2017)

Helene had been professionally rewired before I bought her. There were one or two aspects I didn’t like, mainly that some of the cable routing was very visible, the sockets provided were of the DIN format and there was no volt meter or ammeter. I also managed to damage one of the switch fuse carriers (with the bottom of a bottle of wine).

I decided to reposition the offending wiring, moving more of it beneath the bunk level and running cables over the galley and chart table in routed channels in the back of the deck edge trim. I also fitted a new switch panel, taking the opportunity to break the circuits down with more switches, move to circuit breakers, and add sockets and meters. And it all works!

The picture above shows the panel as fitting was nearing the end.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.