The keels, keel brackets and clamping plates all looked in excellent condition but I wanted to get them out to check. I got the boat in the air and prepared to remove the first of the bolt-covers and discovered that they were glued in place. The person who had last had them off had used sikaflex to put them back. They were STUCK! Well and truly STUCK! Using a chisel I tried to remove the first one and made a bit of a mess. So I stopped for a rethink. The season was beckoning and the basis of the bolt I did get out, which was in good condition, I decided to go sailing and address the bolts another time. When I do get round to this I don’t think I will remove the stuck on covers but perhaps drill new holes with retaining plates. To be continued …….