• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Dixon
    Participant

Now that the dust has settled (nautical equivalent – waters stilled?) on the three events on the south coast, Uffa Fox 50, the Cruise in Company and the Duckling World Championships, some personal refections………..

Firstly, a huge thank you, to all those who helped and planned the events over a period of almost three years; a special thanks to all those boat skippers and crews that took part; to the members who visited and sailed in the events.

Secondly, I reckon the Association can be proud of what we collectively achieved.  I’m sure that larger boat organisations will be blinking in mild astonishment that we achieved so much; the phrase ‘punching above our weight’ comes to mind.

Thirdly, I doubt we’ll see similar efforts in the immediate future.  Not that it can’t or won’t be done, but it is quite a challenge.

Finally, to add to my thanks to Cowes, the Royal London Yacht Club and of course Uffa Fox’s sake, thanks to the Currey family for hosting the fun day that was the inaugural Duckling World Championships at Lighter’s Field

Aye

Mike

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.