Topic

What is the news on Kerry Piper?

(Sigh) We’ll see…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Chris Green
      Participant

Going over to see A169 this weekend and hopeful of becoming the new owner. She will be probably coming back to the UK as the site in Belgium is limited. If I do end up with her, would probably revert to the original name – Kerry Piper?

Good news, I hope you like what you see! I’m fairly sure Kerry Piper was her original name but will make sure when I get back home from our Easter Cruise. All the best, John

Chris Green
      Participant

Picking her up next weekend – back to a local yard in Rye. She needs major work to hull and deck laminates above the WL; rebuild of cockpit and attention to keel boxes. Has a great refurbished original Atalanta trailer which is a bonus. Aim to put her under a plastic structure and hope to rig a scaffold lift (similar to the arrangement on Joanne, but free standing). Will be on the market for any decent salvaged trim – odds and ends WHY etc. A couple of port lights would be handy and will need a set of keel rubbers at some point. The final thing will be an engine – thinking of going down the hydraulic drive route. Will post pictures of work carried out on the AOA site as the project progresses. Probably looking at launching next spring – as “Kerry Piper” (if that was her original name. Cheers for now, Chris

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.