Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Richard Pollard
      Participant

Looks like someone bought it for 50 quid and is now trying to make a quick buck on eBay having damaged the boat. Hmm….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fairey-Atalanta-26/293017981143?hash=item44393b90d7:g:Z6sAAOSwaAlclQCJ

Nick Phillips
      Participant

Thanks Richard for highlighting this.

Being charitable – At least the ad states that Russell is not willing to break her up at the moment. And is going to start to carry out some work. AND he gave our website a plug!

Fingers crossed for Terrapina in the coming months…..

Richard Pollard
      Participant

Lets hope anyone responding offers the guy 50 pounds. At least transport should be cheaper being more central now…

Terrapin
      Participant

I saw A49 on eBay and snipped her up to sail my self. Optimistic about the damage until I have a better look but I was happy to see she is all there with a nice motor. Can any one suggest where to get a trailer to bring here home

Thanks Ray of the flair study

Nick Phillips
      Participant

Hi Ray

Great news that Terrapina has found a new home.

Are you looking for a trailer to keep her on when not in the water, or just for the delivery trip?  If the latter I suspect we would be able to sort out a loan trailer for  the delivery.

If you are looking for a permanent trailer, asking on the site here is a good start.  They are relatively scarce without an Atalanta sitting on them.  One or two members have been able to buy new trailers for £2500-3000 – shout if you want details.

Cheers

Nick

Richard James
      Keymaster

Hello and welcome Ray,

As AOA Secretary, I can help members who have questions and requests like yours. I can think of 4-5 trailers in Scotland and Northern England, which may be available for a short term. If you join the AOA, we will be able to give you and A49 the full support she deserves, so hopefully you will join us.

Best wishes,

Richard James

AOA Sec

Mike Dixon
      Participant

Hi Ray,  Well done on buying an Atalanta – it will probably bring you pleasure and frustration in equal measures – but that’s the joy of owning such a unique boat!!  Good to have you on board – don’t hesitate to get in touch if needs be.

Mike

Terrapin
      Participant

I i have been trying to find a trailer tome here to sheffield from northwitch

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.