• Creator
    Topic
    Fairey Mary
    Participant

Does everybody still like the copper resin anti-foul and resinstore in particular.  I put a sacrificial anti-foul on Mary last year and what hadn’t warn off was removed by the marina when she was washed down.

Towards the end she was getting a bit rough underneath.  There is one patch on the keel strip that looks “eaten” should I cut that out.  It may just be scratches but it looks a little too wormy.

I assume the process will be to smooth the hull down.  It has been treated with west system resin.  Making sure it is clean then prime with their safeguard primer then to apply the copperplus.  So how much will I need?  If somebody else has done the comparative maths does resinstore with discount still add up.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Dominic Dobson
      Participant

Ive used copper anti foul and think its worth it just for the fact that you dont have to reapply each year as for how much you need the manufacturers will work that out for you if you give them some dimensions make sure you apply as per their instructions and rub down to activate it before launch.

Dom

Fairey Mary
      Participant

How much coverage will I need.  As I have to send it Bosa I can’t just get a bit more.  I figure on about 10 square meters.  Am I right?

Dominic Dobson
      Participant

I can’t remember get in touch with manufacturer they’ll work it out for you I think there may even be a calculator on their web site where you put in length, draft and beam Dom

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.