Scroll down to start a new Topic.

The Forum is for general discussions. If you are posting about a particular boat please consider using the Boat Blog post to add to the story on her page.

Use the 'Subscribe' link on the next line to receive notifications of new Topics and Replies.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I have to report that the AOA’s finances are now in only slightly better shape than when I took over as Secretary in 2009, with the current balance at Barclays Bank again falling below £1,000. (The Association’s National Savings account remains untouched at just over £930).

Our financial year ends on 31st September each year, and I’ve added figures for 2013-14 in the following chart:

Over the same period, our paid-up membership at the end of each September goes like this:

Year:200920102011201220132014
      Paid-up members629482837074

Apart from small carry-overs from one year to the next, it can be seen that membership and hence income is slowly declining, while expenses – of which printing and postage are the most significant – are increasing, although we have managed to restrain spending in the current year.

Proposals to counter this trend are being circulated to members in an e-Newsletter, which can also be viewed on-line here.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.