Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Fairey Mary
    Participant

On Monday Nick gave me a hand to pick up Mary’s new/old trailer from Jonathan.  I have to say a big thanks for the help.  I had forgotten (or was never aware) of the light board not to mention a couple of other nieve mistakes that I would have made without their help.

The trailer is now at levington waiting for me to lift Mary out.  I hope to give it a lick of paint before then.  I think I am going for hammerite red.  Driving a grey trailer on the M25 in the rain makes you appreciate the visibility of any other colour.

I also have to say that the countryside is very nice and both Nick and I left with shed envy.  A60 is in beautifully original condition, it is great to see similarities in the minor details with Mary.

Thanks again and I hope to post pictures when I have finished painting it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      AOA
      Keymaster

It was a great couple of days.  no pictures of that shed, but some of A60Achates at home in Devon

Everything in lovely condition - look at those toe-rails

Very smart cockpit too

Portlights in the deck over the aft cabin

Great foredeck with ventilators

Fairey Mary
      Participant

Your pictures are significantly better than mine.  Sad thing is I cannot remember seeing you take any.  Mine turned out badly.

T12
      Participant

Great images of the boat. Nice pile of fire wood too!!

One question, is that fixed block for running the jib sheet up to the winch?

I have a sliding track for the block and it is a bit of a complicated mess. I was thinking of a fixed replacement.

Nick Phillips
      Participant

Not that its my boat….. but yes.  The jib sheet is turned through the fixed block to the winch.  Do you have  roller headsail? Or change sails very often? If you do and can find a way to make your track work it is much preferable in terms of sailing performance – the angle of the sheet between block and sail clew needs to be different to get the right shape in the sail.

(I suspect that the U-bolt slightly above and forward of the fixed block may be used on Achates as an alternative lead)

What is wrong with your track?

The image below is the setup on Helene.  It does require a bit of shockcord to stop the block swinging around….

Helene Jib Sheet Leads

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.