Scroll down to start a new Topic.

The Forum is for general discussions. If you are posting about a particular boat please consider using the Boat Blog post to add to the story on her page.

Use the 'Subscribe' link on the next line to receive notifications of new Topics and Replies.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jim pailing
      Participant

Ahoy !

Found a small seepage in me starboard bilge keel bolt in me Fisherman !

Can anyone explain the fixing system assuming it is similar to Atalanta hull fixings.  Seem to remember mention of rubber grommets and bolts.  The nut I can see inside bolted to the keelson looks about 3/8″ thread with a splendid square Whitworth form ! Nice coating of rust and has that appearance of ‘turn me and I will become worse’, that we all know. No desperate panic, coming out in October for the Winter.

Cheers Jim 

Chris Green
      Participant

Hello Jim – The Atalanta has a lifting keel arrangement with a pivot bush at the top of each plate. The Fisherman has a more conventional keel arrangement, so should be fastened with bolts through the hull in the usual manner. Chris

jim pailing
      Participant

True, but assume there is a relativelly high tech solution to seal bolt through layers of Agba and notably the bilge keel/hull joint ?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.