• Creator
    Topic
    Doug Odgers
    Participant

Having been ignominiously dragged onboard from what was to be a pleasant swim in Studland Bay and avoid a repeat of the incident –  ideas please as to the best way to temporarily extend the Atalanta standard wooden  boarding ladder so that at least two rungs are below the surface.

All ideas welcome, except the single plastic rung tied to the boarding Ladder.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      JimSumberg
      Participant

Doug,

Helene’s ladder has an extension that gives an extra two steps. Very easy to board (and store). I will send a picture later in the week,

Jim

Doug Odgers
      Participant

Jim, that will be very helpful.

Many thanks,

Doug

Gregory Manning
      Participant

I do not have a ladder but I have seen them on other Atalantas.  Where do you stow such a bulky item?

JimSumberg
      Participant

Greg, Helene’s lives under the aft end of the port-side cockpit bench, accessed via the aft cabin. Jim

Gregory Manning
      Participant

I should have thought of that as I have plenty of space there too.  My problem is first getting into the cockpit from the inflatable alongside not helped by lifejacket crouch straps  getting caught on the main sheet cleats!

AOA
      Keymaster

Jim managed to find a brief moment to demonstrate the ladder whilst using it for its other purpose on Helene – tucking in the 4th reef which which is a long way above the boom.

Ladder and extension deployed for reefing

Doug Odgers
      Participant

Jim, That’s excellent.  Off now to start on swimming ladder extention.  Sea water temperature off Dorset  coast at the moment is worth hanging around in.

Many thanks for the photos.

Doug

Richard James
      Keymaster

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.