• Creator
    Topic
    Robbie Cormie
    Participant

does any owner’s out there have any brass plaques on there Atalanta stating date of build etc?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Trevor Thompson
      Participant

Calista has a manufacturers plate made from brass. It just states the makers name and address, with no details of the model or the number. Does anyone else have anything different?

David Walworth
      Participant

Our Atalanta does not have any plate I have found, and believe me I have been over every bit of the boat.  The only thing that seems to be an identifying number is the number 161 stamped into all of the removable plywood pieces such as floorboards.  That seems to be a build sequence number but kind of strange that the production number would be on easily removable pieces.  Our sail number is 146 but I was told some years ago that the production number (if that is what the 161 means) and sail number rarely if ever coincided.  Could you post a picture of the plate?  It would be nice to see.

Robbie Cormie
      Participant

hi David and Trevor.

Thanks for your responses. I don’t have a brass plaque -but every other boat I have owned has done so.

I will have a look around on mine to see if there is any clues that she is number 115. By the way, I’m sure if people wanted to I could get some plaques engraved with the builder, date and boat number to take pride of place within our boats.

Timothy Mallette
      Participant

Brass plaque attached to bulkhead on A77, Blue Goose.  The A77 is barely visible on the right side.

Dominic Dobson
      Participant

Mourne Goblin has a plaque similar to A77 with boat number added probably by manual punch rathervthan engraved as its very faint

Robbie Cormie
      Participant

If anyone would like a nice plaque making up maybe something like 6 inches square, with maybe the Fairey marine badge and the ship details on it I am happy to go and speak to manufacturers to se what one would cost to have engraved?

Terence Wetherilt
      Participant

We have one the same a A77 can’t attach photo here? Will add to photos colour bit strange enhanced it and it turned blue, it is just brass

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.