• Creator
    Topic
    Robbie Cormie
    Participant

Do any of my Atalanta 26 shipmates have a photo of the builders plate fo their boat that i could see to have another made as there isn’t one in A115

Cheers Robbie

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Nick Phillips
      Participant

Robbie

Great to hear from you. This is the plate on A124 Helene. Sorry for poor quality, zoomed in on a much broader photograph.
      The sail number is printed in the bottom right hand corner.

Does thinking about builder plates mean anything with respect to Mara’s restoration?

Cheers

Nick

the bigger picture

The bigger picture

Richard James
      Keymaster

Hi Robbie,

Here is a photo I took a couple of years ago of Hiran’s builder’s plate. You can just see A95 stamped on the lower right.

Regards,

Richard

Sec

Robbie Cormie
      Participant

Thank you very much indeed Richard

Hope you are well.

CHeers

Robbie Cormie
      Participant

Cheers Nick

I’m going to see if i can have one made. I will let you know how i get on,

Many thanks

Mike Dixon
      Participant

Hello Robbie,

Just to say that serious moves are afoot to have a small number of replica Builder’s plates manufactured.  Don’t know what the cost will be, but are you still interested?

Mike

David Walworth
      Participant

Hi Mike,

We are definitely interested to have one made, Le Bateau Ivre, (ex Bluff, Ex Sherpa), sail number 146, hull number 161.

Best regards and hello from the Caribbean,

David and Michelle

Mike Dixon
      Participant

Thanks to Nick, the pattern is with the engravers at the moment, but with no date for delivery.  Will be in touch!

Mike

simon
      Participant

Hi please could you give me the exact Dimension  as I know someone with a 3d printer which engraves

regards  Simon West A5

Mike Dixon
      Participant

Hi Simon,

Don’t have the plaque to hand – away at the engravers.  Will let you have the dimensions when I can.

Mike

AOA
      Keymaster

Simon
      3D Printer engraving sounds interesting!
      The dimensions of the plate for A124 are:

112mm x 38mm

or, in Atalanta speak, 4.4″x1.5″

Cheers
      Nick

simon
        Participant

could you please send a clear photo  of the script  and the thickness of the plate   thx

simon
        Participant

Nick I have given  my man  Mr Whippet the dimensions and  a photo of the font  he has made a dummy  plate out of alloy and the results are very impressive . I will post a photo later..It can even be aged the brass so it looks the part..I know Mike has had 5x made.Not wishing to tread on anyones toes I will keep this one for A5.
        Bulders Plate

Mike Dixon
      Participant

Builders’ plaques update.  I have taken delivery of a modest number (only 5) of replica plaques.  They are not identical, but as they’ll never appear alongside the originals, a blind man on a galloping horse etc etc…………..  They are not cheap, but then I didn’t expet them to be given their exclusivity.  I’ll contact those who have said “Yes please” and see if they are still interested.

Aye, Mike

T12
      Participant

Hello Mike,

I would be interested in a plate if you one spare still?

Many thanks,

George

Mike Dixon
      Participant

George – I’ve sent an email to you – no reply yet.  Still interested?

Mike

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.