• Creator
    Topic
    Gregory Manning
    Participant

Does anyone have a bulls eye deck light fitted to their forehatch to give some light in the forepeak?   If Yes are there any drawbacks i.e. does it make the hatch too heavy, is it a slip hazard etc

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      JimSumberg
      Participant

Greg, There is one on Helene. It is a small one I picked up at the boatyard. No disadvantages, and adds little if anything to the weight. I will send a photo, Jim

JimSumberg
      Participant

Greg, Here is the set-up on Helene, Jim

JimSumberg
      Participant

And the inside view

Gregory Manning
      Participant

Jim,

Thanks.  I am on the look out for  one such.  I have one on the aft hatch but is rather heavy.

Greg

Gregory Manning
      Participant

Yippee I have managed to buy one second hand at a stupid price.  Next job is to grind out the scratched and polish the outer face.  Any advice form anyone?  I intend to try fine valve grinding past first and then Basso followed by Silvo.

Dominic Dobson
      Participant

You tube is your friend!!

Gregory Manning
      Participant

Thanks Dom,

I looked and the posts I saw related to flat glass, alas the outer surface of my bulls eye is shaped so I am working away with initially 400 grit W&D.  I am getting there and have a 1200grit waiting in the wings before I hit it with Brasso! It is giving me an excuse for being indoors when the weather is crap.  I am getting there!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.