• Creator
    Topic
    Trevor Thompson
    Participant

I am in the early stages of planning an extended trip to the Adriatic for next year. Past trips have really been family affairs, but now that the boys have “flown the nest” the crewing arrangements on Calista have changed.

As a result of the (very succesful) Easter cruise a number of people have already expressed an interest in joining me to sail in the Adriatic.

There will be opportunities for friends to join Calista for part of the cruise – so I will use this post to let potential crew know my plans as they develop.

Potentially the cruise will start with me towing Calista to Italy (half way between Venice and Trieste) sometime around late April.

I then intend to spend May and June cruising south via the Dalmatian islands, through Montenegro, to Albania, and then returning by a slightly different route, back to Italy, and the trailer.

I expect that crew changes would be made at significant Cities which are served by low cost airlines. Split, Rijeka, Pula, Dubrovnic, Zadar, Tivat – for example. I will try to split it up into one and two week sections, as I develop a plan.

There are limits however to how many crew changes that Calista can have to stay within the law in Croatia. A total of 12 names can apear on the cruising permit, and they need to be noted in advance.

Note that this blog is not open to be viewed by everyone, just those who I think might be interested, and who I think could live on board in succesfully. I have sent invitations to a number of members to become my online “friends” so that they can view this blog.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Trevor Thompson
      Participant

Latest news on this topic.

Trip delayed by 12 months. Planning for 2013.

Trevor

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.