Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Derrick Ardron
    Participant

Hopefully Jaunty A100 will go into Chichster Harbour before the end of April and I then hope to renovate a Duckling I have before the Duckling World Championships.

Currently the Duckling is in dry but inaccessible storage.

I crawled under the hull but could not locate a hull/sail number.

Can anyone tell me the location of the sail number on the Duckling hull? Is it on the exterior of the transom which I cannot currently access?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I need to organise a suit of sails.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Mike Dixon
      Participant

Hello Derrick

Location of numbers seems to vary.  The hull numbers and sail numbers don’t necessarily match up.

My Dinky (non-sailng) has its hull number 446 punched into the top surface of the hog – inside the boat – about a foot forward of the transom.

My Ducking has its hull number 1061 punched into the transom on the inside of the boat and you have to be something of a contorsionist to see it as it’s ‘hidden’ beneath the aft thwart.  The sail number, rather optimistically, is D1.  Nothing to do with Atalanta being A1 – merely tha sails when I got the boat.

So I would just pick a sail number of your choice and make sure the duckling logo is prominent on the sail (Mine isn’t)

Good hunting!

Mike

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.