- 10/06/2020 at 19:23 #21757Doug OdgersParticipant
How to do it?
Keel pivot bolt came out perfectly, thanks to previous owner.
Stirrup is showing outside of keel box, but how to take the Keel pin off to enable me to fully remove keel?
I was hoping for a threaded bolt, but it looks not.
- 11/06/2020 at 08:24 #21761Dominic DobsonParticipant
i assume you mean the stainless pin that connects stirrup to keel, this pin is captive the 2 sides of the stirrup are connected higher up by a flange on each one that has a bolt through (as per Colin Twyfords mod on Hiron which I believe was written up in one of the bulletins), if you remove bolt this will allow the stirrup to be prized off, you may be able to do this without removing bolt but be carful not to bend stirrup. Not sure what your trying to achieve but it may be that you don’t need to remove keels as I dropped them and inspected shortly before I sold to you.
see reference section technical paper w
give me a ring if I can help mobile number in membership book
- This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Dominic Dobson.
- 11/06/2020 at 08:25 #21762
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.