Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Fairey Mary
    Participant

I am glad Mary went into the water and I postponed the repairs.  I am able to get a couple of hours every now and again enjoying having a boat rather than worry about keeping it pristine.  She is solid and I don’t think she is suffering, the cover is cumbersome but well worth it.

Yesterday I headed out with the new dog.

Crew in training

A fine day to be out and about.  But to make things even better it turns out that Pin Mill was having its barge race that day.  It was a magnificant site as you can image seeing scores of barges tacking up the Orwell.

Pin Mill Barge Race

http://www.pmsc.org.uk/index.php/barges

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Nick Phillips
      Participant

Nice dog!

I think you have a very wise approach to Atalanta Mary.  It is very easy (yup, I did it for too many years) to fall into the ‘forever repairing’ behaviour, with the boat stuck ashore.  Your approach of using the boat and dealing with the jobs as they need to be dealt with is great.  (Also helped because Atalanta Mary is a very sound boat having been loved by you and previous owners).

The barge match looks impressive – they are amazing vessels.  And the crews very skilled in handling them.

I have been rueing the fact that I am not afloat and taking advantage of all the excellent Spring we have had. Its not work on Helene that has kept me ashore – she hasn’t had much of a look-in –  rather a  million and one other activities.   But we are heading for the water soon, and certainly in time to take part in the AOA60 fun in August.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.