• Creator
    Topic
    Stephen McCann
    Participant

Hi all,

Have been beginning to dream how to tweak A89 and make her easier to sail single handed and bring her uptodate (got a mast refit/spinnaker set up / and addition of forestay to add redundancy away from the fixed furler system already booked in). I found the joy of Barton Winchers (not yet fitted) as a cost effective self-tailing add on and have begun to think about how i can take the lines from the boom/mast and bring them back to the cockpit. Whilst they are probably grand where they are, I love the sight of lines neatly captured by clutches/jammers and ready for a winch/hand draw.

To that end, does anyone have good pictures of how they have done that on theirs bearing in mind the gentle curvature of the companionway.

Thanks All!

Steve

A89

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Gregory Manning
      Participant

I sail single handed but with the boat as was, and as a hanker.  Whilst I have seen boats with lines to the cabin roof my concern would be the added strain on the blister which is was not made to take.  I would think the most important aspect of such a modification is a bracket between the blister and the bulkhead to take the extra stress.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.