• Creator
    Topic
    Chris Green
    Participant

There is some scope for a club meet up at Rye during the latter part of the summer – assuming we get one! My boat – Kerry Piper A169 – is based here, undergoing extensive refitting and unlikely to be launched this season. I am based at the Rye Fishery (a small private boatyard in central Rye) where there is possible scope for overnight berthing  several Atalantas (see attached photo’s and plan link for location detail), possibly free of charge at RF, with further moorings on the nearby Town Quay. Passage into Rye is via the River Rother which dries, but does accommodate deep draught vessels. Given the access timings etc, this suggestion would probably best lend itself to a shore based visit event –  BBQ – etc at Rye Fishery site. Apart from KP there is also a Fairey Fisherman there, who would be keen to join in the fun.  As a Cinque port, Rye is quite an interesting place to visit and is a popular cross channel destination for our continental friends.

Anyone interested please let me know and I can set the necessary wheels in motion.

The%20Rye%20Fishery%20site.doc – click this link for an overhead view of Rye Fishery and channels.

Pictures below from the site – showing the moorings (these all dry onto soft mud).

This one was vacated by a catamaran. The second shows the view from the corner facing the main channel and the third shows the moorings to the left of the RF site. There may be on or two for spare moorings here for an overnight or poss w/e.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.