- 27/05/2020 at 20:19 #21578
The brake was off.
The expander looked like this.
Have I done something wrong?
- 28/05/2020 at 09:40 #21665Nick PhillipsParticipant
Something doesn’t look quite right but the (Knott) brakes on my trailer are quite different.
Hopefully someone will know more.
Alternatively can you whip another hub off for comparison?
- 29/05/2020 at 18:13 #21683Mike DixonParticipant
Seems to be a lot of springs in there Doug. Not sure what they’re all supposed to be doing. Would echo Nick’s idea of having a comparison look at one of the other hubs.
- 02/06/2020 at 13:50 #21685Dominic DobsonParticipant
From what I can remember looks about right assuming I had it right when I set them up!! Originally came from an old plant trailer bought at farm sale so unknown vintage.
- 03/06/2020 at 17:07 #21687
Thanks Dominic and everyone.
Must indeed be correct as last Friday I got the trailer back up to Sherborne, although shouted at in the village of Broadmaine, as a passerby thought the jockey wheel was touching the ground – well it was, what’s to shout about!
Now talking to my ‘hook’ man about getting a higher ‘ball hook’ on my little Vauxhall Corsa.
Again, thanks all.
- 05/06/2020 at 09:58 #21701Richard JamesKeymaster
Her is a photo of A 89’s trailer brakes, for comparison:
- 09/06/2020 at 18:00 #21742
Thanks Richard, that seems to make mine look correct.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.