Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Doug Odgers
    Participant

Hi I am Doug Odgers, a new member,

I have just completed a singlehander from Portland to the Trieux River in Brittany in my Victoria Frances 26, which will be up for sale in September.

On my return passage I spotted an excellent example of an Atalanta in Guernsey and managed to have a chat with the owner – she was called ‘something’?  SUE.

We have moved to Wareham in Dorset, virtually the north shore of  Poole Harbour and the perfect boat for me now would be an Atalanta.

If there is a member within a 100 miles of Wareham I would just like to look over an Atalanta, the yacht would not have to be for sale, I just want a look.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Nick Phillips
      Participant

Welcome to the AOA Doug.

Sweet Sue in Guernsey is indeed an excellent example.  Check out her boat page (and if you have any photos why not add them there!)

As to boats near Warham, there are a few in the Association. Hopefully someone will respond.  (We may be able to nudge one or two)

Failing that, why not take a trip to Suffolk over the Bank Holiday Weekend and see / climb over a collection of Atalantas.  There will be at least four or five, including the original A1 Atalanta and opportunities to have a sail.  There are also spare berths on some of them if you want to stay. And camping onsite.  Outline details on the AOA60 page and more details about to be posted.

Doug Odgers
      Participant

Thanks Nick,

Yes it would make a perfect excuse to visit the Suffolk area again.

I will hang on a little while to see if a closer opportunity arises

By the way I have done my first navigation of the web site  and found it intuitively designed, enabling the IT illiterate (ME) to use with ease and more importantly, with cofidence.

Thanks,

Doug

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.